With your support, we can ensure that every kid affected by childhood cancer in Ontario has the opportunity to experience the Magic of Camp Ooch.
Keep fundraising for Ooch to make an even bigger impact!
- Login to your #SL10K fundraising page.
- Ask for support from friends, family and colleagues by sharing your fundraising page by email.
- Share your efforts through your social networks! Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others are all great ways to let your network know about the incredible cause you are running for!
and @CampOochigeas on Instagram
RUN FOR FREE
When you raise a minimum of $150 (the cost to send one child to Camp Ooch for half a day) online by 11:59pm EST on May 31, 2020 you are eligible to have your run registration reimbursed.*
*In order to qualify, the $150 total cannot include any personal donations made by you to your own personal fundraising page
*The registration reimbursement does not include HST or processing fees
*All reimbursements will be issued no later than September 30, 2020
Run For Free FAQ’s
Opting out of your reimbursement. Send more kids to Camp Ooch.
- Camp Ooch incurs the cost of your registration as our way of saying thank you for your commitment to raising critical funds for children affected by childhood cancer.
- By opting out of receiving a refund, you will receive a gift-in-kind donation tax receipt and make a meaningful difference in the life of a child.
How will I receive my reimbursement?
- Instructions on how to receive your reimbursement will be emailed to the address you provided when you registered, after the Sporting Life 10k Virtual Run is completed on May 31, 2020. You must respond to this email in order to receive your reimbursement or tax receipt.
- If you have moved or would like us to send the refund to an alternative address, please contact email@example.com
Tips and Ideas: Reach Your #SL10K Fundraising Goals
PERSONALIZE YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE
Your supporters want to see why you run for Camp Ooch and kids with and affected by cancer!
Encourage friends and family to donate to your #SL10K fundraising efforts in lieu of giving gifts.
CORPORATE MATCHING GIFTS
Matching gifts from your place of employment can often double, triple or quadruple your team’s fundraising, giving you an advantage in the Corporate Challenge, and of course, you’ll be helping send even more kids to Camp Ooch.
SPARE CHANGE JAR
Set up a jar in a communal area where people can contribute their loose change. You will be surprised how quickly the dollars will add up! Remember to include a note about why you run for Camp Ooch.
EMAIL FRIENDS, FAMILY & COWORKERS
Reach out to your friends, family and co-workers to support your run for Camp Ooch and kids with and affected by cancer. Remember to include a link to your giving page and share why you run for Ooch.
USE YOUR TALENTS AND SELL
Whether it’s making bracelets or cookies, think of a hobby or interest and turn it into a product that can be sold.
Team Fundraising Resources
Hit the pavement with your friends & family and join a dynamic community of SL10K Teams who believe kids with cancer deserve the chance to just be kids.
Next, start raising funds by asking your friends, family and peers to donate. Together you will send kids affected by childhood cancer to Camp Ooch.
For more information, or if you registered as an individual but want to be added to an existing team, please contact Camp Ooch:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-961-6624 ext. 403
Mail cheques to:
Attn: Sporting Life 10k
464 Bathurst Street
Toronto, ON M5T 2S6
NOTE: Please make cheques payable to Camp Ooch and indicate the donation is for the #SL10K. Include your full name and team name on your package.
What to do with cash and cheques received from your supporters?
If your supporters give you cash or cheques made out to you personally (NOT to Camp Oochigeas), follow these simple steps that will allow you to update your thermometer right away and email a tax receipt to your supporter:
- Go to your personal fundraising page and hit your ‘Donate Now’ button.
- Enter the $ amount from a specific donor and in the Billing Information section enter your donor’s information (their name, address, email, phone), NOT YOURS.
- Enter in YOUR credit card number.
- Once the payment is processed, the charge will be made to your credit card BUT it will be your supporter who receives the emailed tax receipt for the amount they donated.